If you’re in tune with the electric scooter market, Xiaomi is a name that will be familiar to you. It’s surprisingly been around four years since the Xiaomi electric scooter was launched, and since then, it has always been among the top electric scooters on the market every year.
The Xiaomi Mi M365 price has fluctuated in the last few years, but it has always been a valuable product. It is lightweight yet one of the most powerful scooters you can find in its price range. It offers a long-range and a high top speed, among other irresistible features.
Before I jump into reviewing each of the features and benefits of this Xiaomi electric scooter in detail, let’s take a quick look at some of the pros and cons.
- The Xiaomi electric scooter is among the lightest you can find on the market, weighing only 26.9 lb.
- It features 11-inch pneumatic tires with a rear disc brake for complete control on all terrain.
- The scooter reaches a top speed of 15.5 mph and provides you with a range of 18.6 miles.
- It folds down easily in just three simple steps for better portability.
- This scooter has integrated taillights and LED headlights.
- The scooter can only handle inclines of 10°, which is slightly low.
Buyer’s Guide: Electric Scooters
If you frequently travel short distances, then an electric scooter can be your best friend. The best feature about an electric scooter is that you can simply carry them with you wherever you go, as most electric scooters are foldable, while the environmental benefits are just the cherry on top.
Let’s look at some of the primary things you might consider before choosing an electric scooter.
- Weight Capacity: Any electric scooter that has a durable and robust frame with a well-designed structure should have at least a weight capacity of 220 lb. Many high-end scooters have a weight capacity of more than 300 lb.
- Portability: Even though most scooters are foldable, the lighter the scooter is, the easier it will be for you to carry around with you.
- Battery Life and Power: These two factors will largely determine the top speed and range of your electric scooter. A scooter with 15 mph of top speed and a maximum range of around 15 miles can be considered a decent option to buy.
- Tires: The tires will primarily determine how effective the scooter’s performance will be on different roads, especially on rough and steep terrain.
Features and Benefits: Xiaomi Electric Scooter
This scooter features a 250 W brushless motor that provides enough power to reach a maximum speed of 15.5 mph in just over six seconds. Moreover, the Xiaomi electric scooter can travel a distance of 18.6 miles when fully charged on a straight road and at a constant speed.
Weighing just 26.9 lb and folding away in just three simple steps makes this scooter extremely portable. In addition, the lightweight design of the scooter makes sure you never have to worry about any difficulties carrying this scooter anywhere you go.
The Xiaomi electric scooter features 11-inch pneumatic tires that make it great for rough terrain or gravel without thinking about changing your tires frequently.
The scooter provides effortless handling that even a beginner won’t shy away from trying. The acceleration is smooth by using the throttle. The disc brakes ensure that you won’t be thrown over the handlebars no matter at which speed you are riding.
The handlebar gives you complete control over the scooter and lets you enjoy the thrill of riding at top speed without worrying about falling at any point.
A slight disadvantage is that it does not have suspensions that will affect the scooter’s performance on bumpy roads, but the rubber tire with tubes does provide a bit of shock-absorbing ability.
The scooter has a handbrake on the handlebar that controls both the front regenerative brake and the rear disc brake for convenience during riding. The brakes are well designed and slow down the scooter smoothly without any bumps.
Even though the scooter’s monitor gives you information about the speed and distance traveled, it is somewhat limited. The Bluetooth capability allows you to connect the scooter to any third-party app, which will help you disable/enable cruise control and adjust the regenerative brake’s power.
#1 Hiboy S2 Pro Electric Scooter
The Hiboy scooter weighs only 36 lb which is slightly lighter than the Xiaomi electric scooter. Its 350 W motor gives it a 25.6-mile range and a max speed of 19 mph, both higher than the M365. The tires are ten inches large (smaller than the Xiaomi M356’s), and the weight capacity is 260 lb.
Overall the Hiboy S2 is a little more expensive than the Xiaomi electric scooter, but overall it provides a great alternative to the Mi M365.
#2 Glion Dolly Electric Scooter
The Glion Dolly is almost as lightweight as the Xiaomi M356, weighing only 28 lb. It has a total range of 15 miles and a maximum speed of 15 mph. These specifications are similar to the Xiaomi M365. It uses 8-inch honeycomb flat tires with a 250 W motor.
The user weight capacity is 45 lb greater than the Xiaomi electric scooter. Unlike the Xiaomi M365, it also has dual suspension. The braking system comprises a rear fender press brake, along with an electronic anti-lock brake. The price of both the scooters is almost the same, but both have considerable differences in features.
#3 Macwheel MX PRO Electric Scooter
The Macwheel MX PRO electric scooter weighs 31 lb and has the same weight capacity as the M365. It has a 350 W motor and a top speed of 13 mph with a maximum range of 25 miles.
This scooter features 8.5-inch rubber tires that are smaller than the Xiaomi electric scooter. In addition, the MX PRO has dual disc brakes. The Macwheel MX PRO electric scooter also boasts a very similar price as the Xiaomi M365.
As we saw in this Xiaomi M365 Mi electric scooter review, it is undoubtedly still among the market pioneers in electric scooters despite having been released for 4 years already. I have rated the scooter on some important aspects.
- Battery Life: 8/10
- Portability: 10/10
- Speed: 8/10
- Tires: 9/10
- Overall Rating: 8.8/10