Are your aged parents or grandparents having mobility issues? A 4 wheeled electric scooter can be the best purchase for them. 4 Wheeled Electric Scooters sound like any other scooter, but it’s much more! These are also known as ‘mobility scooters.’
Mobility scooters can have three or more wheels and are well known for their stability assistance.
Electric scooters are taking over the market more than other scooters, but this was not the story back in 1954.
Sears billed the first mobility scooter in 1954. However, it was not that successful then. Four-wheeled electric scooters have four wheels, two rear and two front wheels. Front wheels have steering.
They have everything like pedals, brake, seat, and more that you get in any scooter.
What are 4 Wheeled Electric Scooters Used For?
They are an upgraded version of wheelchairs. Elders or disabled people who find it hard to cover long distances, electric four-wheeled scooters for elderly adults are the best choice!
Wheelchairs give you little mobility while these scooters take you to long and rough terrains where you always longed for!
People who don’t have good stamina or arm flexibility find it hard to move manual wheelchairs. 4 wheeled electric scooters are good to go for as they are easy to carry and operate.
People fighting with coronary or lung problems, obesity, arthritis, systemic or complete body problems can go for these disabled four-wheeled electric scooters.
It helps everyone who can sit upright without torso support, walk only a few steps, and control the steering tiller.
There’s a big misconception among people that four-wheeled electric scooters are only for outdoor purposes. No, it’s not! Many scooters come with a large turning angle that allows you to use them at home. These types of scooters make your everyday task effortless.
Types of 4 Wheeled Electric Scooters
Everyone has different shapes, sizes, comfort levels, and disabilities. This difference is why mobility scooters have so much to offer you. Electric scooters are available in different types to suit your style and comfort.
Look below to find out:
- Small and light: Some scooters are small and compact in design. Also, they are easy to disassemble, so you take them along while traveling. You can fold or store them in some corner of your room when not in use.
- Large and heavy: 4 wheeled electric scooters also come in large and heavy models. They are powerful and built for heavy-duty purposes. You can take them for rough terrain. They support you and assure you of full safety. Those who have to stay outdoors for maximum time should go for these types.
- Mid-range: As the heading suggests, mid-range scooters allow you to cover medium-range, indoor and outdoor. If you have to commute both outdoor as well as indoor distances, these are perfect. These scooters have 5 to 7 mph speed.
- Slow and steady: These scooters run slow and steady, and you can use them for shopping or running errands. Also, you can use them inside your home to complete daily basis tasks.
What Else Does A 4 Wheeled Electric Scooter Have?
Recently, manufacturers are trying their best to modify the look of 4 wheeled electric scooters.
Modified ones are thin and small in design that imitates the look of cars or motorcycles.
No one can catch you that you are actually in a wheelchair!
If you compare the price of a wheelchair and handicapped four-wheeled electric scooters, then the second option is way too cheaper. It is affordable and the best at the same time.
Benefits Of 4 Wheeled Electric Scooters
Counting the benefits of a four-wheeled electric scooter can be a tough job. There are countless advantages of electric four-wheeled scooters for elderly adults. It gives you everything from assistance aid to comfort.
Here is a brief of What are 4 Wheeled Electric Scooters Used For?
- It gives you the flexibility of movement that a wheelchair cannot afford.
- It allows you to live a rich quality of life without bearing a lot of pain.
- No matter how reluctant you are to go out, mobility scooters allow you to break the bounds and enjoy the outside world.
- It has a headlight just like a scooter so that you can use it in dim light also.
- Four-wheeled electric scooters have different seat sizes, or you can adjust them.
- Mobility scooters contain small storage to store necessary items just like you do in bicycles and scooters.
- They are not of high speed, and they have double brakes to ensure full safety while outside.
- These scooters have a compact body that is slightly larger than a bicycle, along with a front fender. Carrying or storing them is never hard.
- They function by consuming electricity, so there is no tension of pollution. Elderly people who have respiratory problems can also use this.
Which is better between Three wheel and four-wheel scooters?
Three-wheel scooters have a low turning radius as compared to 4 wheeled ones. So it makes it easy to maneuver. They are suitable for inside purposes only. For off-road or uneven terrain, nothing can beat four-wheeled electric scooters.
What can go wrong with a four-wheeled electric scooter?
You can few some of the problems mentioned below with your four-wheeled mobility scooter, but you can easily fix all of them:
- Accidental damage to the motor
- Batteries that quickly discharge due to low holding capacity
- Tires that quickly wear down and require replacements
What happens if you overcharge the scooter batteries?
If you overcharge any battery, it loses its capacity to hold a charge. This loss of charging capacity leads to a low battery lifespan. It is not only the case with scooter batteries but is true for any machine.
Are electric 4-wheeled scooters street legal?
These scooters are legal in some areas while they are illegal in others. You don’t need to show insurance to use an electric four-wheeler scooter. But still, we recommend it. Countries like Sydney strongly prohibit the use of electric scooters on main roads and lanes.