With the explosion in popularity, finding the ideal electric scooter can be difficult, especially with the wide variety of options available in 2021. If you’ve been looking for a powerful electric scooter, you’re in the right place, as I’ve found the perfect scooter for you.
The Ninebot Segway ES4 is the upgraded version of Segway ES2 Kick Scooter. It has double the power compared to its predecessor and has a higher range and top speed. The new Ninebot ES4 sleek electric scooter by Segway has a more aesthetic design and measures 40 x 17 x 45 inches but remains lightweight at a mere 30 lb. In this article, I will discuss all the features of this impressive scooter in detail, but let’s cover the broad pros and cons first.
- Boasts a high range of 28 miles when fully charged with a top speed of 19 mph.
- It can climb steep terrain with inclines of 15° comfortably.
- Its easily foldable design and the structure being as lightweight as possible make for excellent portability.
- Includes advanced features like Bluetooth capabilities, LED display, cruise control, ambient light colors, and a mobile app.
- An exceptional 800 W motor with 220 lb of weight capacity.
- The charging time is long, as it takes almost seven hours to charge fully.
- It is more expensive than most popular electric scooters.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Electric Scooter
- Weight Capacity: It’s always a subjective choice, but to be on the safe side, the weight capacity should to be at least 220 lb for any electric scooter.
- Portability: Foldable designs are pretty much a necessity for electric scooters. If they are not portable, then there’s not much point in buying them.
- Battery Life: It determines the maximum speed and range of the scooter, which I always prefer to be at least around 15 mph for top speed and 12 – 18 miles for range, depending on terrain.
- Tires: The hill grade that the scooter can handle and the quality of the braking system depend on the tires. A flat rubber or pneumatic tire is usually considered sufficient for electric scooters.
Features and Benefits: Segway Ninebot ES4
The Ninebot by Segway ES4 features a powerful 800 W motor that provides it with excellent top speed and range. It provides the scooter with the ability to climb hills with a 15° slope.
Range and Top Speed
The Ninebot Kick scooter by Segway ES4 travels up to 28 miles when fully charged and used during ideal conditions. The maximum speed reaches 19 mph for you to get a similar feel to a scooter that runs on conventional fuels.
The ES4 has a simple one-step folding system that makes it easily collapsible, while the lightweight yet sturdy structure is a cherry on top. You can keep it in your car trunk or under a bus seat easily.
Both the rear and front wheels of the e-scooter are equipped with shock absorbers that provide a more comfortable experience, especially while traveling on bumpy roads. It has an electrical and mechanical anti-lock braking system to ensure your safety.
The Ninebot ES4 features a LED display to show your speed and battery life with different indicators. It also comes equipped with personalized ambient light colors.
The cruise control option is a blessing for any rider as it makes riding more comfortable. While driving on smooth terrain, you can set the scooter to cruise control, and it will retain its speed. You won’t have to worry about shifting gears.
This e-scooter also has mobile app connectivity through Bluetooth for added security and the latest firmware updates. You can also control the braking system and track your miles through the app.
#1 Hiboy S2 Pro Electric Scooter
The Hiboy S2 Pro weighs 36 lb and features a 350 W motor that gives it an impressive range of 25.6 miles and a top speed of 19 mph. The tire size is 10 inches (bigger than the ES4), and it has a high weight capacity of 260 lb compared to Segway Ninebot, which has a 220 lb weight capacity.
Even though it has a smaller motor, its range and speed are similar to Segway Ninebot. It also features an app like ES4 and has rubber tires with a combination of disc braking and regenerative anti-lock braking. It is cheaper than the Segway ES4.
#2 Glion Dolly Electric Scooter
The Glion Dolly Electric Scooter weighs 28 lb – very similar to the ES4 – and has a 15-mile range and 15 mph top speed, both considerably less than the Segway ES4. It is powered by a 250 W motor and features 8-inch honeycomb never-flat tires.
Its weight capacity is 255 lb, 35 lb more than the ES4. Unlike the dual suspension of the Segway Ninebot ES4, it has suspension only in the front tire. The braking system features a rear fender press brake with an electronic antilock brake for your safety. The tires are smaller but better for muddy terrains. It is also more affordable than the ES4.
#3 Hurtle Electric Scooter
The Hurtle Electric Scooter is heavier than the ES4 weighing over 39 lb. It features a 300 W motor that gives it a range of between 12 to 18 miles depending upon various situations and a top speed of 19.2 mph.
It features 8.5-inch Slamm Nylon Core Wheels with shock absorption and three gears. Its weight capacity is 264 lb which is among the highest of any electric scooter. You can climb up 15° hills comfortably with this scooter.
In this Segway Ninebot ES4 review, I have provided a thorough analysis of the scooter, and based on the analysis, I have rated the product on essential features below:
- Battery Life: 10/10
- Portability: 10/10
- Speed: 10/10
- Tires: 9/10
- Overall Rating: 9.8/10