Razor is one of the best-known brands in the world of electric scooters. You might be under the impression that they only make electric scooters for kids and teenagers, however. Think again! The Razor EcoSmart is an incredibly strong, high-power vehicle that can be the perfect partner for anyone who regularly commutes.
So if you’re looking for excellent performance, great mileage and a decent top speed, you need to read the rest of this review and discover the Razor EcoSmart electric scooter. I detail its pros and cons, its critical features, and I even offer you some alternatives.
- Extra luggage carrier.
- Comfortable padded seat.
- Powerful 500 W motor.
- High speed.
- It takes a long time to charge fully.
- Not suitable for night riding.
- Battery: When buying an electric scooter, the battery should be what you look at first. It decides the mileage, and it is essential to get an electric scooter with a good battery. Usually, the range is 12 – 20 miles, which is common in an electric scooter. The high-volt battery provides better performance. So, a 48 V battery will last for a long time and allow you to cover a longer distance than a 36 V battery. Also, look for a battery that takes less than an hour to charge fully. When it comes to this, lithium batteries are the best.
- Motor: The more watts the motor has, the faster the scooter will go. A 500 W motor, for instance, will provide a higher speed compared to a 350 W motor. Also, it will make it easier to climb hilly terrain. A motor with high torque allows you to accelerate to the maximum speed quickly and smoothly. Typically, 500 W gives a top speed of 20 mph, which it achieves easily.
- Design: The deck size of the scooter should be comfortable enough to accommodate one person easily. The material should be anti-slippery and should hold the person firmly. Also, look for extra accessories like an LED display, a detachable seat, or a basket to make the ride more comfortable and secure.
Features and Benefits
The Razor EcoSmart Metro electric scooter has a steel frame which makes the scooter strong and long-lasting. The steel frame makes the scooter suitable for all kinds of weather. The steel frame is very easy to repair in case of damage.
The electric scooter offers a rear-wheel drive that shifts the rider’s weight to the rear wheel, making steering easy and providing better stability. The scooter is perfect for anyone who is 16 or older. It also has a good weight capacity of 220 lb.
The scooter has a bamboo wooden deck which is big and very spacious. It is non-slip and provides extra grip. It also has a very aesthetically pleasing design that will make you the envy of the neighborhood.
It has a well-padded seat which makes the ride more comfortable. You can not remove the seat. It also has a removable luggage carrier which helps to load extra luggage whenever required.
The basket can carry a weight of up to 33 lb, which is quite sufficient for groceries or anything else you intend to keep in it.
The scooter has 16-inch pneumatic tires. The air-filled pneumatic tires are long-lasting and will not go flat easily. On the off chance you do get a flat tire, it is effortless to change the tires.
The tires are filled with air, giving a cushion to the ride and absorbing the bumps on uneven roads. The tires are big when compared to other electric scooters, so they provide the rider of the EcoSmart Metro with a comfortable and stable ride.
The scooter has a rear disk brake. The lever is on the left handlebar, and brakes can be applied using that. It cuts the motor and gives better performance while stopping the scooter.
The disk brakes are very powerful and work well. They provide good control whenever you stop the bike. The brakes will also not skid on wet surfaces.
This scooter has a 500 W chain-driven motor which gives a maximum speed of 18 mph. The chain-driven motor is very compact and can be adjusted on the scooter easily. They work well in all types of weather, even on rainy days.
The right handlebar has a throttle to maintain the speed of the scooter. The motor helps to achieve full speed very easily and gradually. The 500 W motor will also help you climb slightly hilly terrain without losing speed.
The scooter has a 36 V/9 Ah rechargeable battery. The 36 V battery will run for much longer than a 24 V battery. It allows you to travel around 10 – 12 miles or for 40 minutes on a single charge. It is a sealed lead-acid battery.
Because it is a lead-acid battery, it takes around 12 hours to charge fully. This high charging time is one of the drawbacks of this scooter. Once you have fully charged the battery, the red battery indicator will change to green.
#JOYOR X5S Electric Scooter
The scooter has a 500 W motor, which provides a speed of 15.5 mph. It is the same as that of the Razor EcoSmart Metro electric scooter, which also has a 500 W motor but provides a different top speed.
Both scooters have almost the same weight capacity of 220 lb. However, the JOYOR scooter has a more powerful battery of 48 V, while the Razor scooter has a 36 V battery.
JOYOR scooter covers a distance of 31 miles which is more than the Razor EcoSmart Metro electric scooter, which only covers 12 miles. Also, the JOYOR scooter is lighter than the Razor scooter, which makes it easier to carry.
#Macwheel MAX Electric Scooter
Both Macwheel and Razor have the same maximum speed of 18 mph and the same powerful 500 W motor. The Macwheel MAX motor allows you to climb a hilly terrain of 14° easily.
Again, Razor has a battery of 36 V, which covers a distance of 12 miles, whereas Macwheel has a 48 V battery that allows you to travel for 30 miles on a single charge.
It takes less time to charge fully, which is the opposite of the Razor scooter. Also, it has 10-inch tires, which have better shock absorption capability.
The Razor EcoSmart Metro electric scooter is versatile and reliable. It has a powerful motor and good tires, which provide a smooth ride on bumpy roads. It could have better mileage, but its mileage is sufficient for most users. It is a good option for shopping and traveling nearby.