Do you have a young kid around 8 years old? An electric scooter can be a great gift for younger kids, and they will get hours of fun out of riding it up and down the street. We’ve found a perfect electric scooter for kids around 8.
There are many options for electric scooters for kids that you can find online. You won’t have to spend hours searching for the best one, as I am about to provide you with complete details about one of the best electric scooters for kids, the Razor E150.
Razor is a reputable brand that manufactures high-quality electric scooters for adults and kids. Since 2000, Razor has released new models of electric scooters with innovative technology and creative features. Now let us dive into this in-depth review of the Razor E150 electric scooter in the below write-up.
- The hand-operated brake enhances safety.
- The high torque and ultra chain-driven motor give you a noiseless drive.
- The Razor 150 is a portable and foldable electric scooter; you can fold your electric scooter with a straightforward step.
- With a twist throttle, it gives your kid complete control over the speed.
- The manufacturer provides 90 days warranty on Razor E150 electric scooter.
- It is not suitable for adults.
- Weight capacity 120 lb
- 8-inch pneumatic tires
- 24 V sealed battery system
- High torque and chain-driven motor
- UL-approved battery charger.
- Hand-operated rear brake
What to Look for in an Electric Scooter for Kids?
- Motor: Whether you are looking for an electric scooter for kids or adults, it is essential to check its motor power. The motor is what runs your electric scooter. It is vital to find an electric scooter that has a high-performance motor.
- Weight Capacity: While you buy an electric scooter for kids, make sure the weight capacity is higher than your kid’s weight. It is not recommended to buy a scooter with an extremely high weight capacity, as it will be difficult for your kid to stabilize and control a heavy electric scooter.
- Battery Capacity: Battery is an important consideration to keep in mind when buying an electric scooter. The battery powers the electric scooter, so make sure you get an electric scooter with rechargeable batteries that allow you to have a good range of travel.
- Ease of Use: There are many additional features like LED lights, LED display, kickstand, and more. These additional features contribute to the scooter’s ease of use. So consider these extra add-ons before making a final decision.
- Portability: You must buy an electric scooter that is portable and foldable. Such features will allow you to easily store and carry your electric scooter at the time of travel.
- Price: An electric scooter for kids must range between $100 – $300. Price also depends on various aspects such as durability, ease of operation, motor power, and more.
Features and Benefits of Razor E150 Kids Electric Scooter
Here are some of the unique features of the Razor E150 Kids electric scooter.
The Razor E150 is equipped with a high torque and chain-driven motor that enables your kid to ride at a top speed of 10 mph. This speed is sufficient for kids. Also, the ultra chain-driven formula makes the scooter noiseless.
The electric scooter comes with a 24 V sealed battery system that allows you to travel 40 minutes continuously with one single charge. It requires up to 12 hours to completely charge the battery. The battery run time further depends on various conditions like the weather, maintenance, weight, and more. The manufacturer also provides a UL-certified battery charger for your convenience.
The handlebar of the electric scooter comes with a twist throttle accelerator that enables you to have complete control over the speed. The twist throttle provides extra grip and comfort while riding.
The hand-operated front and rear brake offer enhanced safety for kids.
Razor E150 kids electric scooter comes with 8-inch pneumatic tires that ensure a smooth and comfortable ride on bumpy and smooth roads alike.
The electric scooter is designed with a spring-loaded kickstand that allows you to park your electric scooter easily. A kickstand makes it easier to mount and dismount the scooter.
The Razor E150 is suitable for children who are 8 years or older and weigh less than 120 lb.
Alternatives to Razor E150
If you are keen to know some alternatives to the Razor E150, then here are two for your consideration.
#1 Urban Drift K1 Electric Scooter for Kids – B08G1C6WMN
Urban Drift K1 is a famous electric scooter for kids. It comes well equipped with a 120 W motor that enables your kid to ride at the top speed of 3.7 mph, which is safe for kids who are just learning how to ride.
The Razor E150 boasts a top speed of 10 mph. Both are lightweight and foldable electric scooters that make them easy to store and carry during travel. Urban Drift K1 is a bit cheaper than the Razor E150 electric scooter.
This urban electric scooter has a weight capacity of 110 lb, while the Razor E150 has a slightly higher weight capacity of 120 lb. Urban Drift K1 has a stylish design that has no wires visible and comes in various colors. The unique feature of the Urban Drift K1 electric scooter is its height-adjustable handlebar.
#2 Micro Kickboard Electric Scooter – B01BLK2PGO
The Micro Kickboard is less expensive than the Razor E150 electric scooter. It is a three-wheeled electric scooter that offers better stability for your kids.
Micro Kickboard comes with a weight capacity of 110 lb, and the Razor E150 has a weight capacity of 120 lb. The adjustable handlebar is suitable for when your kid grows taller. It is a foldable and portable electric scooter, just like the Razor E150 electric scooter.
I have rated the Razor E150 electric scooter on its features after comparing it with competitors:
- Motor: 9/10
- Battery Capacity: 9/10
- Portability: 9/10
- Tires: 8/10
- Price: 7/10
Overall Score: 8/10.
The Razor E150 electric scooter for kids is among the best electric scooter for kids who are 8 years old or older. Its powerful motor and battery make it a value-for-money product.