Kids love electric scooters, so obviously, electric scooters for kids are a huge market. You probably see plenty of kids riding electric scooters around your neighborhood, and if you knew what to look for, you’d probably pick out more than a few Razor E100’s.
The Razor E100 Electric Scooter is among the pioneers in the electric scooter market, and also known as the Razor E125, E150, and E175, but they are all the same product.
In this article, I review the Razor E100 electric scooter and dive deep into each of the scooter’s features. But, first, let’s look at a few pros and cons.
- The scooter is designed specifically for kids.
- It is great for kids of almost all ages with its 120 lb weight limit.
- The range of this scooter is around 6.5 miles, with a total running time of 40 minutes.
- This scooter has better stability thanks to its 8” pneumatic tires, allowing for off-road riding.
- It comes with hand-operated brakes and an effortless throttle for acceleration.
- The scooter is not portable.
- You might occasionally face some issues in starting the scooter.
- Power: 100 W
- Recommended Age: Above eight years
- Weight: 29 lb
- Dimension: 34.25 x 8 x 16.75 inches
- Weight Capacity: 120 lb
- Battery: 24 V (two 12 V) lead-acid battery system
- Range: 6.5 miles (40 minutes)
- Top Speed: 10 mph
- Tire: Pneumatic tires
- Tire Size: 8 inches
Buyer’s Guide: Electric Scooters For Kids
While buying an electric scooter for kids, you need to consider some factors that are different from the purchasing criteria of an adult’s electric scooter. Safety has always been among the highest priorities of any product created for kids, and an electric scooter is no different.
A scooter for kids must have easy handling and simple features for a better experience.
I have made a simple buyer’s guide to make things easy for first-time buyers.
- Top Speed: I always advise parents to buy a scooter with low maximum speed as you can’t keep an eye on them all the time when they are riding. But at the same time, also remember to buy a scooter with enough speed to give your kid a thrill.
- Easy Controls and Safe Design: Easy controls combined with a safer design are the top priorities in electric scooters for kids as both these features will keep them safe and generate more interest.
- Braking System: Brakes are a crucial part of a scooter, especially if you purchase for a kid. There are multiple types of brakes, but the primary purpose is smooth riding.
Features And Benefits: Razor E100 Electric Scooter
The Razor E100 electric scooter comes equipped with a 100 W motor that enables it to reach a maximum speed of 10 mph. You need to get the scooter to 3 mph manually before the trigger engages the chain-driven motor. The high torque motor ensures appropriate power. You can accelerate the scooter with a throttle on the handlebar itself.
Range And Top Speed
The Razor E100 features a couple of 12 V lead-acid batteries that provide a range of 40 minutes (nearly 6.5 miles) when fully charged. However, you will have to charge the scooter for nearly 12 hours for initial use (recharge time is also the same).
This scooter has a urethane rear wheel with eight-inch pneumatic tires. Pneumatic tires are primarily made for off roads and help your kid drive safely on all terrains.
Both the acceleration throttle and the front brake are in the scooter’s handlebar for convenience.
The Razor E100 electric scooter is delivered unassembled. You can assemble it in only 10 minutes. However, assembly should be done by an adult. Don’t worry about the tools, as everything required for the assembly is provided in the package.
The Razor E100 electric scooter is not too big and quite lightweight, and if you combine it with the foldable handlebars, it becomes the perfect portable electric scooter.
Razor scooters are known for their durable all-steel frames suitable for rugged use, which is expected from kids. In addition, the scooter can handle up to a maximum weight of 120 lb.
The Segway Ninebot E10 weighs relatively less than the Razor E100 at 18.7 lb and is suitable for kids between 4’3″ to 5’3″ in height. It features hand brakes just like the E100, but it has suspension on the front wheel, unlike the E100.
It has the same top speed and range as the Razor E100 electric scooter of 6.5 miles and ten mph, respectively. The maximum weight capacity of the scooter is 132 lb. It has multiple driving modes: Turbo, Cruise, and Safe Mode.
The GOTRAX electric scooter has small 6-inch rubber wheels and weighs 17.8 lb. The 25.2 V battery gives it a range of 4 miles.
It operates on a 150 W motor that allows you to travel 7.5 miles when completely charged. It’s pretty lightweight, so the kickstart is much easier before the motor starts. The weight limit of this electric scooter is 154 lb.
The Macwheel electric scooter weighs just 14 lb, being among the lightest in this category. It has a top speed of 10 mph and a range of nearly 5 miles with 6-inch polyurethane wheels.
It has flashing LEDs at the bottom of the scooter with five adjustment options. This scooter also comes with an LCD screen. It runs on a 130 W brushless motor.
- Power: 9/10
- Range: 9/10
- Top Speed: 10/10
- Tires: 10/10
- Design: 9/10
- Portability: 9/10
- Overall Rating: 9.3/10
The Razor E100 electric scooter is the safest and best value-for-money product when it comes to electric scooters for kids. The Razor E100 stands out in a crowded market for a reason.