If you’re looking for a durable, powerful electric scooter, then you needn’t look any further. The Apollo Phantom 1 20 electric scooter is among the premium electric scooters currently available in 2021. Apollo is one of the top Canadian companies that manufacture electric scooters. The Phantom electric scooter is made with forged aluminum for long-lasting, durable strength.
It has extremely powerful dual motors that give it the high speed and range that we all crave in an electric scooter. I will be covering all the features and technical specifications of the Apollo Phantom Electric Scooter in this article, along with a buyer’s guide for electric scooters. But first I will present to you some of its pros and cons.
- 1200 W of dual continuous motors, each having a 1.6 kW peak for a total output of 3.2 kW total.
- A top speed of 38 mph for a thrilling riding experience.
- Front and rear hydraulic or mechanical disc brakes on 160 mm rotors plus regenerative braking.
- Quad spring suspension on both front and rear for better stability.
- Front and rear LED lights with an LED display.
- It weighs 77 lb which makes it quite heavy to carry.
- Motor: Dual 1200 W continuous motors (each 1.6 kW peak)
- Battery: 52 V/23.4 Ah (1,217 Wh)
- Dimensions: 49 x 27 x 51 inches (L x W x H)
- Range: 40 miles
- Maximum Speed: 38 mph
- Weight: 77 lb
- Weight Capacity: 300 lb
- Brakes: Hydraulic disc brakes
- Tire: Pneumatic tires
- Tire Size: 10”
- Suspension: Front and rear quad-spring suspension
Buyer’s Guide: Electric Scooters
Most newbie electric scooter buyers forget many essential details while buying a new scooter, resulting in them investing in the wrong scooter.
I have created a brief buyer’s guide on electric scooters for you to make things easier.
- Weight Capacity: All electric scooters have a weight limit at which they operate at their best. If your weight is beyond the limit, then you might face some issues like lower speed or range. Always look for a weight limit of at least 250 lb.
- Portability: Always look for foldable handlebars in an electric scooter so you can carry them easily.
- Range and Top Speed: Any electric scooter which is slightly expensive should have at least 30 miles of range, while its top speed should also be around 30 – 35 mph.
- Tires: Tires are exceptionally important for traction and stability. The hill grade and stability of the scooter are highly dependent on traction.
Features and Benefits: Phantom Electric Scooter
Let’s start this section with one of the most noticeable things about the Phantom scooter. This scooter features powerful dual brushless motors. Each one has a nominal output of 1200 W and a peak output of 1600 W, making the maximum instantaneous power of the Phantom 3200 W.
The robust motor gives it a top speed of 38 mph with smooth acceleration that helps you climb steeper slopes easily.
The Apollo Phantom scooter comes equipped with a unique suspension design known as the Quadruple Suspension System. It offers four springs (most scooters only have two springs) for better shock absorption. You no longer need to worry about riding on rough and bumpy terrain on this scooter.
This electric scooter has two ultra-wide tires that provide better control and grip. Moreover, the tire is air-filled, which offers even more shock absorption. The scooter’s tires are 10” in diameter and 3.25” wide.
The scooter also has a ground clearance of 7”. You can travel on highways, trails, or even gravel with this scooter and experience a supremely smooth ride.
This electric scooter has perfect dimensions of 49 x 27 x 51 inches, while the deck is 8.5 x 20 inches large. It has a perfectly optimized footrest for more stable handling and easy riding.
The 77 lb frame can carry a weight of up to 300 lb. Other than that, you also have a handlebar that is 41” from the deck. Even if you’re around 6’6″ tall, you won’t find any difficulty riding the scooter.
The handlebar of the scooter is foldable, and you can fold this scooter in just three seconds for better portability. The Apollo Phantom also has a key-lock ignition along with a delegated locking spot in the hollow you can find in the scooter’s stem.
You can choose between hydraulic brakes and mechanical disc brakes for the Apollo Phantom. The brakes have a stopping distance of 23 feet when riding at a speed of 25 mph.
It also features regenerative hand braking that helps you slow down the scooter more efficiently and also recharge the battery simultaneously.
The Apollo Phantom comes with a 1000-lumen headlight and a couple of front deck lights that ensure visibility from multiple angles. It also features rear turn signals controlled through the handlebar along with dedicated brake light. The scooter also has an octagonal LED display with data readouts.
#1 Kaabo MANTIS
The Kaabo MANTIS has a maximum speed of 40 mph, pretty much identical to the Phantom, and the range is 45 miles which is slightly more than the Apollo Phantom.
It features two brushless 1000 W motors that deliver great acceleration for all kinds of terrain. The frame of Kaabo MANTIS has a weight capacity of 265 lb, which is less than the Phantom electric scooter.
#2 EVOLV Pro Plus
The EVOLV Pro Plus electric scooter has a maximum speed of 40 mph, and it can travel up to 53 miles when fully charged under specific conditions.
It has a dual motor with 2600 W of peak power output. It has a 52 V/23 Ah battery, and the 10” tires – like the Phantom’s – are perfect for rough terrains. Most importantly, this scooter provides excellent traction on muddy terrain.
- Power: 10/10
- Range: 9/10
- Top Speed: 10/10
- Tires: 10/10
- Design: 9/10
- Portability: 8/10
- Overall Rating: 9.3/10
The Apollo Phantom Electric Scooter is among the best in its price range. It is made for every electric scooter enthusiast irrespective of their driving expertise.
This electric scooter has everything you need: a perfect design, great suspension, responsive brakes, durable battery, and high top speed.