Are you an avid skateboarder who is ready to take it to the next level? An electric skateboard offers an incredible blend of power and stability that leads to a thrilling experience.
Maybe you’ve thought about buying an electric skateboard before but have been overwhelmed by the vast amount of options available on the market? It is certainly difficult to choose the best one that meets your needs.
You don’t need to worry, as I’ve found an electric skateboard that might be ideal for you. The Lou Electric skateboard by So-Flow is an ideal pick for an excellent skateboarding experience. So-Flow is a renowned company that manufactures innovative and environmentally friendly vehicles that are committed to reducing carbon emissions
. They have two models of electric skateboards: the Lou 1.0 and Lou 3.0. The Lou 3.0 Electric skateboard is among the best and most cost-friendly of any electric skateboard. Read on to discover its pros, cons, and its detailed features.
- It is a lightweight and portable skateboard that you can carry in the back of your car and store as per your requirement.
- Due to its short charging time of 2 hours, it offers great convenience.
- Its wireless remote comes with a wrist strap for easy usage.
- The skateboard is IPX4 water-resistant, which makes it suitable for various weather conditions.
- You can easily buy different deck covers and swap them out according to your preference.
- You can easily swap the batteries.
- The manufacturer offers a one-year warranty on the skateboard.
- It is an expensive skateboard.
- The stiff deck causes a bumpy ride.
- 26” deck width
- 25” deck length
- Carbon fiber material used in construction
- 3.1” wheel size
- 36 V battery
- Dual hub motor
- Superior braking system
What to Look for in an Electric Scooter?
- Motor: The primary consideration you must look into when buying an electric skateboard is the motor. You must go for an option with an excellent and powerful motor so that you can ride at maximum speed.
- Deck Size: Deck size plays an important role when you buy a skateboard. Ensure you choose a skateboard with a deck long and wide enough to offer comfort and give you plenty of room for your feet.
- Battery: Another essential thing you need to keep in mind while buying a skateboard is battery capacity. Go for the one that comes with excellent battery capacity and allows you to have a great range.
- Ease of Use: Some electric skateboards come with additional features like a wireless remote to control the speed, an excellent braking system, and more – such a skateboard is a great option for you.
- Portability: It is essential to look for a lightweight and portable skateboard that you can easily carry anywhere you want.
- Price: Between $400 – $900 is an excellent price for an electric skateboard. Furthermore, the price also depends on its features, durability, and other properties.
Features and Benefits of Lou Skateboard
The main motive for buying an electric skateboard is the added speed. Although Lou 3.0 is not the fastest skateboard, it is not the slowest either. It gives you the benefit of riding at a top speed of 22 mph due to its dual hub motor. The motor is silent while working and offers you a noiseless ride, which your neighbors will appreciate!
This Lou electric skateboard comes with a 36 V lithium-ion battery that allows you to drive up to 10 – 15 miles with one complete charge. Once you charge the battery, it will last for 2 hours. The battery lies inside the deck of the skateboard, and batteries are easy to swap.
With the advancement of technology in every field, So-Flow has also developed advanced technology in skateboarding. The Lou electric skateboard comes with an app to enhance your ease of use and convenience. By using the app, you can easily change the speed, and it also helps you update the hardware when required.
The deck size of this skateboard is 26 X 25 inches, which is quite good. It is not very long, and not very small. You can quickly put it in your duffel bag or at the back of your car.
The Lou electric skateboard comes with a remote control that helps you set the speed according to your requirement. The remote is easy to use, and it comes on a wrist strap that makes it handy and user-friendly.
The Lou electric skateboard comes with a kicktail that allows you to have smooth turns.
The deck is made up of a carbon fiber body, which is long-lasting and water-resistant. The water-resistant feature allows you to have a smooth ride, even on rainy days. Carbon fiber is an anti-slip material that offers excellent grip and traction.
Alternatives to Lou Electric Skateboard
Here are some alternatives to the Lou Electric skateboard that you can consider.
#1 Epikgo Electric Skateboard
The Epikgo electric skateboard and the Lou 3.0 skateboard are both fitted with a dual motor. However, Epikgo has a top speed of 25 mph, whereas the Lou 3.0 offers a top speed of 22 mph.
Both have wireless controls to give you complete control over your speed, braking system, and more. When it comes to price, Epigko is quite affordable compared to the Lou 3.0.
On a single charge, Epigko electric skateboard allows you to travel up to 12.5 miles, and the Lou 3.0 ranges between 10 – 15 miles.
#2 Skatebolt Electric Skateboard
With a dual hub motor, both Skatebolt and Lou 3.0 electric skateboard offer great speed, although Skatebolt reaches a maximum speed of 24 – 27 mph while Lou 3.0 offers 22 mph. Due to its high battery capacity, it allows you to travel 22 miles with a single charge, and on the other hand, Lou 3.0 only travels between 10 – 15 miles with a single charge. The price of both skateboards is the same.
I have rated the Lou Electric Skateboard and its features after comparing it with competitors.
- Motor: 9/10
- Battery Capacity: 7/10
- Portability: 7/10
- Price: 6/10
Overall Score: 7/10
The Lou 3.0 Electric skateboard is among the more expensive electric skateboard options, but all of its unique features make it a value-for-money vehicle.