No doubt you’ve seen people on electric hoverboards traveling around your town. The ease of motion, the hands-free transport, and the fascinating designs and styles – electric hoverboards are incredibly interesting.
Electric hoverboard scooters are the new trend in the vehicular market, and what was once seen only as a product for kids has gained popularity among young adults. The Hover-1 Helix Electric Hoverboard Scooter is among the most stylish and best value-for-money hoverboards you can find in 2021.
As it’s still a fairly new product, it has many modernized features that you won’t find on most previous-generation hoverboards.
This hoverboard is IPX4 water-resistant and available in multiple cool designs. It also features Bluetooth speakers with LED wheels. I will cover all the features and technical specifications of the Hover-1 Helix Self Balancing Scooter, but let’s see take a look at some of the basic pros and cons.
- 6.5-inch wheels with hard rubber tires for better stability on different terrain.
- 160 lb weight capacity with a unique self-balancing ability.
- IPX4 water-resistant frame with LED wheels.
- Two 200 W motors for a total power output of 400 W.
- A range of 3 miles at a maximum speed of 7 mph.
- Customer service is not good (chances of receiving a faulty unit are high).
- Weight Capacity: 160 lb
- Power: 400 W
- Weight: 17.41 lb
- Battery: 36 V/2 Ah
- Charging Time: 6 Hours
- Top Speed: 7 Mph
- Range: 3 Miles
- Tire: Rubber tires
- Tire Size: 6.5-inch
- Warranty: 90 days
Hoverboard scooters are still relatively new to the market, and most people don’t understand much about them, let alone buying or riding them.
To get the whole experience of a hoverboard scooter, you need to learn about them, which will also help you buy the perfect hoverboard for you.
Therefore, I made a short buyer’s guide to help you make your decision.
- Wheels: A hoverboard’s wheels should be designed to run on all terrain, including concrete, pavement or grass.
- Power: As your weight is unidirectional on hoverboards, unlike standard scooters where your weight is distributed, your hoverboard scooter needs to have at least a 300 W motor.
- Brakes: The main issue with most earlier hoverboard models is that they had slow braking, which resulted in accidents. The more the maneuverability of the hoverboard scooter depends on your knees instead of your feet, the better control you will have over the hoverboard.
- Range and Speed: Hoverboards usually don’t have a long-range or higher speed due to rechargable batteries, but if you research well, you can get your hands on a decent product. A hoverboard generally has a range of 3 – 5 miles and a top speed of 6 – 8 mph.
- Water-resistant: Weather can be unpredictable sometimes, and you don’t want your hoverboard to stop working just because of one untimely shower. Make sure to buy a hoverboard with a water-resistant frame.
Features and Benefits
The Hover-1 Helix electric hoverboard works on two 200 W motors that give the hoverboard a total power output of 400 W. It helps the hoverboard travel easily on every terrain, whether it is concrete, grass or dirt.
The Helix is available in several cool and futuristic designs, making it great for aesthetically minded people. The hoverboard also has LED lights on the wheels, which makes it stand out.
The Hover-1 Helix electric hoverboard scooter has a self-balancing design that makes it easy for anyone to ride. Self-balancing makes sure that you never fall from the hoverboard, especially on bumpy roads.
The hoverboard has 6.5-inch solid rubber tires. Rubber tires are most commonly used in electric scooters as they are great for rough terrains such as grass, sand, and gravel.
The hoverboard has a battery capacity of 36 V/2 Ah and uses 10 lithium-ion cells. It has a range of 2 miles which is not bad for an electric scooter. However, the speed of 7 mph is impressive, as it helps you use it as an actual vehicle for commuting rather than just a hobby.
The maximum charging time is 6 hours.
Another amazing thing about the Hover-1 Helix electric hoverboard scooter is that it has an IPX4 water-resistant frame. If you live in a city where rain is a common occurrence, then a water-resistant hoverboard is necessary.
Bluetooth and Battery Indicator
Bluetooth-enabled built-in speakers are probably the coolest feature of this hoverboard scooter. It lets you play your favorite music directly from your smartphone while riding. The hoverboard also has battery life indicators to let you know how much battery is remaining.
#1 Gyroor Hoverboard Scooter
The Gyroor Hoverboard has dual motors of 250 W each. It can handle a total weight of 220 lb and can travel up to a cruising speed of 10 mph, slightly more than the Hover-1 Helix.
This hoverboard scooter also features 6.5-inch tires with Bluetooth speakers and cool LED lights.
#2 Beston Sports Electric Hoverboard
The Beston Sports Electric Hoverboard also has dual motors and has a range of 7.45 miles, and the speed goes up to 6.2 mph. It weighs 20.2 lb and has similar 6.5-inch tires, just like the Helix hoverboard.
The weight capacity is 160 lb, and it also has LED lights and built-in Bluetooth speakers. In addition, it has an associated app you can use to control the hoverboard from your smartphone.
#3 SWAGTRON T580 Hoverboard
Two 250 W motors power the SWAGTRON T580 hoverboard. It weighs only 14 lb and has 6.5-inch wheels like the Helix hoverboard. It has LED lights on the wheels and can travel continuously for 1 – 2 hours.
It has a top speed of 7.5 mph and can handle weights of up to 200 lb. This hoverboard scooter also has Bluetooth speakers.
- Power: 9/10
- Range: 8/10
- Top Speed: 9/10
- Tires: 9/10
- Design: 10/10
- Overall Rating: 9/10
After reviewing the Hover-1 Helix electric hoverboard scooter, it’s pretty clear why it’s among the bestselling hoverboards on the market. This hoverboard has multiple features with several cool designs that the younger audience loves.