Are you someone who is looking for a low-cost way of commuting? If so, you surely must have heard about electric scooters. They are the perfect, cost-efficient choice if you want to commute a short distance regularly. When you use an electric scooter, you won’t have to spend anything on gasoline, making it environmentally friendly as well.
But with numerous options for electric scooters available on the market, it can be hard to choose the best scooter for your needs. But don’t worry, in this article, we present you with one of the best and most affordable electric scooters.
GOTRAX has introduced a series of electric scooters that are designed with different purposes in mind. The company offers a low-budget and unique electric scooter with amazing features: the GOTRAX GXL V2.
It has everything that a beginner needs in an electric scooter. Read on to discover our complete review that discusses the pros, cons, and specifications of this scooter in detail.
- It is a portable and foldable electric scooter that folds in one step. You can easily carry it anywhere you go.
- The cruise control allows you to ride at one constant speed.
- The electric scooter comes with solid tires that allow you to travel smoothly on rough terrain.
- It comes at an affordable price that does not hurt your pocket.
- The dual braking system enhances the safety of the rider.
- There is no rear light, and that could lead to accidents when driving at night.
- 8.5-inch inflatable tires
- 250 W powerful motor
- 36 V high-capacity battery
- LED display
- Durable handlebar
- Solid kickstand
What to Look for in an Electric Scooter?
- Motor: You must go for an electric scooter that has a high-performance and powerful motor. You should opt for a product that is equipped with a 200 W or greater motor.
- Weight Capacity: You must look at your weight before you select an electric scooter. Always check the weight capacity and consider your own weight before you buy.
- Battery: Always remember, a high-battery capacity electric scooter will allow you to travel more miles in one stretch. So go for an option that offers you long battery power and life.
- Ease of Use: Features such as a removable seat are great for switching between stand-up and sit-down riding. Cruise control is another great feature.
- Portability: It should fold down to a small size for easy portability and storage.
- Price: Between $150 – $400 is an excellent price range for an electric scooter for adults. The price of the scooter is also determined by its sturdiness and the various unique features it offers.
Features and Benefits of GOTRAX GXL V2
Here are some of the unique features of the GOTRAX GXL V2:
GOTRAX GXL V2 has 8.5-inch inflatable and solid tires. They act as a shock absorber that gives you a smooth ride on bumpy roads. Furthermore, pneumatic tires are much better on wet roads as they offer better traction.
Speed and Range
This electric scooter is perfect for traveling short distances. With its powerful 250 W motor, you can ride at a top speed of 15.5 mph. The chain-driven motor gives you a noiseless ride. When it comes to range, the 36 V battery allows you to drive continuously for 9 – 12 miles. In reality, you will probably get a 10-mile range out of the GOTRAX GXL V2.
The dual braking system of the GOTRAX GXL V2 adds security. The rear disc brake and front regenerative electric brake give you great control over your ride.
It requires 3 – 4 hours to charge your electric scooter fully. It is a unique feature of GOTRAX GXL V2, as many other affordable electric scooters come with a longer charging time.
The GOTRAX GXL V2 comes with a single headlight at the front and possesses rear reflectors. The light gives you added security and increases visibility during the night.
The unique feature of this electric scooter is cruise control. You only need to hold the throttle for 10 seconds to maintain a constant speed, and the cruise control operation will begin. To disable the cruise control, all you have to do is squeeze the brake.
The large LED display shows your speed level, ride mode, and battery left in your scooter.
Weight Holding Capacity
The GOTRAX GXL V2 has a great weight capacity of 220 lb, making it an ideal pick for teenagers and adults who are not especially heavy.
Alternatives to GOTRAX GXL V2
Now let us take a look at some of the alternatives to the GOTRAX GXL V2.
#1 Razor E300 Electric Scooter – B0085HM36Y
The Razor E300 electric scooter is one of the best affordable scooters for adults. Similar to the GOTRAX GXL V2, this electric scooter has a 250 W motor that allows you to travel at a top speed of 15.5 mph. The electric scooter comes with a 24 V battery, whereas the GOTRAX GXL V2 has a 36 V battery.
The Razor E300 gives you a continuous ride of 40 minutes with a fully charged battery. Another feature of the Razor E300 is the 9-inch pneumatic tires that offer great stability on rough terrains. In comparison, the GOTRAX GXL V2 has 8.5-inch tires.
When it comes to the weight capacity, the Razor E300 can handle the amount as the GOTRAX GXL V2 – 220 lb. When we talk about its price, it is lower than GOTRAX GXL V2 electric scooter.
#2 MacWheel MX Pro Electric Scooter- B08VFK8441
The 350 W powerful motor offers a great speed of 15.5 mph, higher than the GOTRAX GXL V2. Another great feature of the MacWheel MX Pro electric scooter is that it has a high-capacity battery.
A 36 V battery system is present in the MacWheel MX Pro. The sterling highlight of this electric scooter is the associated app that you can easily download on your phone. It allows you to connect your phone to the scooter through Bluetooth to manage your speed level on your phone.
I have rated the GOTRAX GXL V2 its features after comparing it with competitors:
- Motor: 8/10
- Battery Capacity: 8/10
- Portability: 8/10
- Tires: 7/10
- Price: 8/10
Overall Score: 8/10
The GOTRAX GXL V2 electric scooter is a cheap electric scooter that comes with unique features and benefits. It is well worth the low cost!