The helmet is an essential accessory while riding your bike. It protects your head from accidents and injuries. 62% of all bicyclist deaths due to accidental injuries occurred with people not wearing a helmet. So, I always ride my bike with a helmet and advise others to do so too!
However, not all helmets are equally good. About a year back, I was using a helmet that had no visor. So, the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays used to fall on my face, and whenever I forgot sunscreen, I would get burnt.
There were other problems, too – I often got bugs in my mouth, and when I reached home, there would always be a layer of dirt and grime on my face.
So, I decided to switch to a helmet with a visor. The visor is nothing but a polycarbonate shield that hinges from the front side of your helmet. When I started using helmets with a visor, I enjoyed my riding. It gave me protection from the sun, wind, rain, insects, and small road pebbles.
My top pick for the best women’s bike helmet with a visor is Giro Cartelle (details below). I have also listed some other great alternatives.
Top Women’s Bike Helmet With Visor
#1. Giro Cartelle MIPS Women’s Mountain Cycling Helmet
The Giro Cartelle MIPS women’s mountain cycling helmet is a budget-friendly helmet. You can wear this helmet confidently on trails, uphills, and downhills without any tension. This helmet meets all the safety standards.
- The Cartelle has an additional feature in comparison to other helmets. It has a multi-directional impact protection system(MIPS). The MIPS is a thin basket that attaches to the helmet’s interior and redirects energy in a crash.
- The helmet has 14 vents that will allow the air to flow across your head while riding. As a result, your head will remain cool while riding.
- The Cartelle has a visor that protects a rider from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- You can wear goggles after wearing this helmet.
- Good ventilation
- Longer visor
- The strap is not that good.
#2. Giro Verce MIPS Women’s Mountain Cycling Helmet
The Giro Verce MIPS women’s mountain cycling helmet protects your head from any accidents and injury. It is a safety tool that you should wear while riding a mountain bike on off roads. The Giro Verce helmet meets all the safety standards. So, you will not face any problems. Just wear them confidently. It is one of the best women’s bike helmets with a visor.
You wrap a measuring tape around the circumference of your head and leave it an inch above your eyebrows. Note the measurement and check the size guide. If you are not sure regarding the size, then you can take the help of the retailer.
The Giro helmets are available in size between fifty to fifty-seven centimeters.
- The Giro Verce has a multi-directional impact protection system that reduces the rotational forces that might have transferred to riders’ brains in various impacts.
- It has eighteen vents that will keep your head cool while riding.
- Easily adjustable
- It has a visor that will protect you from harmful sun rays. You can also detach your visor from the helmet.
- The outer portion of the helmet consists of a polycarbonate shell, while the impact-absorbing foam is on the inner portion of the helmet.
- Available in different colors
- Protects your head from accidents as the helmets extend to the lower base of the neck.
- Don’t offer large sizes.
#3. Smith BMX Bike Helmets Session MIPS
The Smith BMX Bike Helmets Session MIPS is one of the best women’s bike helmets with a visor. You can wear this helmet during mountain biking which will protect your head from injuries. Its weight is almost 380 grams. So, women can use it confidently.
You can measure the circumference of your head with the help of tape or string, leaving an inch above your eyebrows. Note the measurement and compare it with the size chart.
- The smith forefront has 15 vents. So, this helmet has a sound ventilation system that allows the air to pass on your head. The vents will keep your head cool while riding.
- The shell material consists of polycarbonate.
- The rotational motion causes brain injury. So, this helmet has MIPS on the inner layer, which will reduce the rotational motion.
- This helmet has a visor that will protect you from harmful sun rays.
- You can wear goggles after wearing this helmet.
- Integrated camera
- Nice Color
- Adjustable fit
- Don’t have a wide variety of colors
Frequently Answered Questions(FAQ)
#1. Should a Helmet Be Tight?
A good helmet should snug but not very tight. You make sure that it should not shake once you wear the helmet when you rotate your head.
#2. How Should a Women’s Bike Helmet Fit?
The front edge of a women’s helmet should be one inch above their eyebrows. The straps of the helmet should meet just under their chin. Again the straps should form a V-shape just below women’s earlobes.
#3. Which Color Is Best For a Bike Helmet?
The white color is best for a bike helmet because it keeps a rider cool and visible to people.
#4. Do I Need a Visor on My Bike Helmet?
Yes, you should wear a bike helmet with a visor. It protects your face from harmful sun rays, wind, rain, and insects.
#5. How Much Does a Good Helmet Cost?
If you purchase a helmet from online stores, then you may get a discount. A good helmet usually costs between $200 to $300.
#6. What Does a Women’s Bike Helmet Look Like?
The women’s helmet should be lightweight, good ventilation, and have a good fit. Women usually pick helmets that have feminine designs and a wide variety of colors.
#7. Are Expensive Cycling Helmets Worth It?
Yes, expensive cycling helmets are durable and have good quality material. The cheaper helmets will wear and tear soon. Multiple thicknesses of padding in helmets are one of the features of expensive helmets. If you are planning to ride for long hours, then you should purchase a costly helmet.
The helmet is a necessary accessory for a rider. They protect your head and face from injury. This article lists some of the best women’s bike helmets with a visor, along with advantages and disadvantages. I hope you liked these bike helmets. Do leave us your comments and suggestions below.