I have a daughter who is 12 years old. I have decided to give her an electric scooter with rubber wheels for her thirteenth birthday. This is because I live in Long Beach, Washington, where it rains or snows for almost 200 days every year. So cruising on solid wheels becomes a challenge on wet days. Rubber wheels were my only option!
So I decided to get my daughter an electric scooter with rubber wheels. This was my wisest decision yet because cruising on wet roads became much easier for my daughter. In addition, rubber wheels increase the traction on wet roads and prevent the scooter from slipping.
If you also live in a region with a lot of wet days, then this article will be a lifesaver for you. I discuss the best electric scooters with rubber wheels from famous brands, their pros and cons, and their features.
3 Best Electric Scooter With Rubber Wheels
#1 Razor Power Core E90 Electric Scooter
- Overall design: 9.8/10
- Motor capacity: 9.5/10
- Speed and battery: 9.7/10
- Safety: 9.8/10
- Frame: 9.8/10
- Wheel type and material: Polyurethane material tire
- Speed: 10 mph
- Motor capacity: Breakthrough hub motor of 85 W
- Battery capacity: 12 V lead-acid battery
- Frame: Alloy steel
- Hub motor allows the rider to ride for 80 minutes continuously.
- It helps save 85% battery for long-distance drives.
- A 90-day warranty on the scooter is applicable in the US and Canada.
- No alignment or chain; therefore, no maintenance is required.
- A durable steel frame boasts a weight capacity of 120 lb.
- Push-button throttle and hand-operated brakes make the scooter convenient to ride.
- Non-foldable, so it is not compact or convenient to store.
This scooter helps save almost 85% more battery than its counterparts, making it one of the best energy-efficient scooters.
Overall Design: It has a push-button throttle, hand-operated brakes, and a reliable kickstand that makes the scooter perfect for kids. A durable alloy steel body idealizes kids above eight years of age and weighs up to 120 lb. A slip-resistant handlebar and aluminum deck makes it convenient to control the scooter on uneven terrain. Its unique design allows the rider to skate from side to side and takes sharp turns with ease.
Tire Type And Design: Rear-wheel drive provides riders with a safer and more balanced ride for long distances. Controlling the scooter on uneven terrain is possible with rear-wheel drive. The rider needs to step on the scooter, switch it on, and push the throttle to enjoy the ride. Tough rubber tires are flat-free and are solid enough to withstand any weather condition and terrain.
Powerful Motor And Battery: innovative motor has a capacity of 85 W with a speed of 10mph. The maintenance-free motor provides high torque, making each ride smooth. With a push throttle, kids can cover long distances up to 13 miles on a single charge. In addition, the 12 V lead-acid battery is available that helps the rider ride the scooter for a long distance of 80 minutes without stopping.
Speed Adjustments: The special feature of the Razor E90 is its speed adjustments. According to the terrain, choose the speed between 6 to 10 miles making the ride stable and smooth.
#2 GOTRAX GKS Electric Scooter
- Overall design: 9.5/10
- Motor capacity: 9.3/10
- Speed and battery: 9.5/10
- Safety: 9.6/10
- Frame: 9.5/10
- Wheel size: Polyurethane rubber 6″ wheel
- Motor capacity: 150 W hub motor
- Speed: 7.5 mph
- Age and weight capacity: 6 – 12 years with a weight capacity of 154 lb
- Frame: Aircraft-grade metal body
- Environmentally friendly scooter weighing in at only 17 lb.
- UL certification ensures it is safe for long-distance rides.
- The gravity sensor system makes the scooter kid-friendly.
- Step on, kick to push, and step back to stop are the three simple steps to ride the scooter with ease.
- Side-stand makes it convenient to park the scooter anywhere without worrying about it falling over.
- A manual, a charger, and two keys( big and small ) make it convenient to assemble the scooter.
- The scooter does not provide a longer range on a single charge.
The GOTRAX GKS is ideal for beginners and kids aged 6 – 8 and up to 12. With safe-start technology and an incredibly responsive braking system, it is one of the best scooters available. It is budget-friendly and is best for riders who are up to 5 feet tall.
Overall Design: The GOTRAX GKS electric scooter is an electric as well as a kick-start scooter. All beginners who are not comfortable using the kick start option can use the push throttle to start the scooter. To accelerate, the rider needs to step on the gravity sensor to speed up the scooter. By releasing your foot from the sensor, the scooter automatically slows down. Therefore, controlling the GOTRAX GKS scooter is very convenient even for beginners.
Motor Capacity And Battery: With a 150 W motor, it is convenient to ride this scooter at 7.5 mph. It has a 25.2 V lithium battery that helps cover 4 miles on a single charge.
Tire Design And Type: The GOTRAX GKS has 6” rubber tires that make it ideal for uneven and rough surfaces. Children can ride the scooter on bumpy roads with ease while retaining complete control of the scooter.
#3 MegaWheels Electric Scooter With Three Gears
- Overall design: 9.3/10
- Motor capacity: 9.4/10
- Speed and battery: 9.2/10
- Safety: 9.2/10
- Frame: 9.5/10
- Range covered: 13.75 miles
- Load capacity: 266 lb
- Speed 15.5 mph
- Tire Type: 8″ honeycomb design, fat tires
- Three-speed levels: 6.2, 12.4, and 15.5 mph
- Three gear speeds help you decide the speed while riding according to the terrain and personal preference.
- It covers a range of 13.7 miles per charge
- Maximum climbing limit of 20°.
- LED displays to help keep track of the speed, modes, charge remaining, and much more.
- 8” honeycomb tire design makes the scooter ideal for rainy weather.
- The foldable feature makes it highly portable.
- Not as budget-friendly as the other two scooters on the list.
This is a perfect scooter for all those who love speed and want to cover maximum range in a single charge. It can withstand a maximum load of 266 lb.
Strong Motor And Battery: The strong 250 W motor allows you to reach a top speed of 15.5 mph. The brushless motor requires almost no maintenance. The 7.5 lithium-ion battery allows the rider to cover a distance of 13.75 miles on a single charge. Lithium-ion batteries require less maintenance and are highly durable. This long-lasting battery is ideal for electric scooters intended to cover long ranges.
Dual Braking And Triple Speed Levels: The scooter has a dual braking system that helps control the scooter with ease. With three speed options, the rider can drive the scooter according to their preference. In addition, dual braking and triple speed levels make the scooter safe for rough terrain.
Safety And Portability: The LED display allows the rider to keep track of the distance covered, the speed attained, riding modes, and battery remaining. It becomes convenient for the rider to ride the scooter at night with the front and rear lights. As mentioned earlier, the scooter is foldable. Thus, it is portable and convenient to store.
Never ignore the tire size, type, and design when buying an electric scooter. Solid tires are never suitable for riding on wet roads. Therefore, go for the best quality rubber tires so that there is maximum traction on the road.
Go for electric scooters with rubber tires that are air-filled, pneumatic tires as they are the best for any weather condition. In addition, the larger the tire, the better it is to ride on uneven and bumpy roads.
Kids cannot ride a heavy scooter, so you should always go for a scooter that is not very heavy yet offers excellent performance. For kids, an electric scooter that weighs around 30 lb is ideal.
A scooter that operates at not more than 15 mph is suitable for teens. However, for kids, its maximum speed should not be more than 10 mph. Therefore, you should go for an electric scooter that does not have a very high mph if you purchase for a young child.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is An Essential Feature When Looking For Electric Scooters For Kids?
It is essential to look for a safe scooter with either a kick start or a push throttle when buying an electric scooter for kids. Do not miss the speed, tire size, and battery capacity of the scooter. A robust frame is also essential so that it can withstand the weight of heavier kids with ease.
Can A 6 To 8-year-old Ride An Electric Scooter?
Yes, a 6 to 8-year-old can ride an electric scooter but only with a minimum speed limit. Make sure that the maximum speed is not more than 8 mph. Some scooters are safe with a maximum speed of 6.2 – 7.5 mph, like the GOTRAX GKS electric scooter.
An electric scooter has something for everyone. For some, it acts as convenient means of transport, and for others, it is a part of their regular recreation and adventures. Razor Power Core E90 is one of the best scooters with rubber wheels. It is perfect for kids up to the age of 8 – 12. The 6” solid tires make each ride smooth on uneven surfaces.
If budget is not an issue and your child is on the heavier side, choosing the MegaWheels electric scooter is wise. It has a weight capacity of 266 lb and covers long distances on a single charge. If you are looking to save money like me, you can go and buy a GOTRAX GKS electric scooter.