If you have a bike, you will love to take the bike on an outdoor excursion as it is one of the best ways to explore. Riding a bike on outdoor trips brings a lot of benefits, from saving fuel to adding fitness. If you are planning to take your bike for a beautiful family trip to a local hill station, you will need the right bike rack for a carbon fiber bike to ensure that your bike has the right place in the car which it deserves. If you are looking to buy a new bike rack for your bike, here are some of the best bike racks you can shop to enjoy a smooth ride.
What Is the Need of a Bike Rack for Carbon Fiber Bikes?
Most people love to tie their cycle on the rooftop luggage stand. You can follow the same idea if you don’t have too much luggage. Moreover, keeping the bike on the rooftop will also affect the vehicle’s aerodynamics, impacting its fuel efficiency. The bike may also get covered with the dust during the trip. At the same time, a bike rack will provide the right grip to your bike. It will also not increase the stress on your car’s aerodynamics and make your trip cost-efficient.
Let us look at some of the best bike racks that you can shop for upcoming trips.
Best Bike Rack for Carbon Fiber Bike
#1. Swagman XC2 Hitch Mount Bike Rack
The first and foremost option in our list is Swagman XC2 hitch mount bike rack. Mountain bikes are heavy; therefore, you need some durable protection to keep your bike safe during a long ride. Even riding cars on a mountain is difficult because of pins and bends, and having a heavy cycle at the back will only increase your stress.
- Easy To Assemble: Swagman XC 2 is very easy to assemble, simplifying your stress as you have to spend less time mounting it on your bike.
- Adaptability: The next supreme feature of this bike rack is that it offers two bikes where the maximum weight of one bike can be 35 lbs.
- Minimize Storage use: When not in use, the bike rack doesn’t demand much space in your workshop as you can fold it to use space wisely.
- Stability: Provides the proper support and grip, which reduces the chances of accidents.
- A reliable carrier for mountain bikers.
- Solid construction increases grip.
- Foldable options reduce space optimization.
- Easy to install and remove.
- Expensive and not perfect for budget buyers.
- One has also to buy other accessories, which is a bit stressful.
- The installation guide is in small prints, which makes it difficult for people with poor eyesight.
- Good for MTB rides but not for long rides on smooth roads.
The bike rack is one of the best ways to transport heavy bikes, which is enough to define the purpose of its invention. It offers a smooth and stable ride which makes it easy for various mountain bike riders.
#2. INNO INA 389 Tire Hold
INNO might sound weird for all the readers, but it sounds like “Innovation” for the brand developers. They are popular in selling bike racks in both American and European markets. Being market leaders in various aspects, they have various kinds of mountain bike roof racks. They also foster innovation in their every product, making them the best in the business.
- Easy Installation: Anyone can install the bike with the three-step installation process from “INNO.”
- Space Efficient: One of the best advantages of the roof rack is one can easily fold it when not in use which means it stores less space.
- Improved Security: The product also comes with a key, and a lock means your bike is in a safe environment when it is not hitting the rugged trails.
- Easy to install and remove from the vehicle.
- It uses less space which means you can carry all your essential goods without any stress.
- It supports all tires which come under the size range of 20-29 inches.
- Not perfect for all models.
- Expensive but brings a whole lot of innovative features.
- Not a great option for multiple bikes.
If you love to prioritize quality over quantity, then an INNO INA389 Universal Mountain Bike Tire Roof Rack Hold II must be resting in your workshop.
#3.Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Rack
Road trips or family campings are unforgettable moments of human life. Cycling is one of the most important items on your road trip checklist. If you love your bike, you cannot afford any stress or risk when the concern is about its protection and grip. Undoubtedly, you cannot bring it inside the vehicle; hence a bike rack is a perfect gift for your MTB. Allen sports understands your needs; hence their bike rack is easy to install, and most importantly, there is no need for specialized tools to install the rack on your bike. The bike rack also has various other features. Let us check them out.
- Versatility: Available in different sizes like deluxe, Delux, quick install, premier, and premier locking.
- Easy Installation: According to the manufacturers, you don’t need any tools to install the rack on your car.
- Durability: Made with best-grade steel to tackle unpleasant conditions with ease.
- Sports Compatibility: If you love riding beast mountain bikes, then you will need the Allen sports bike rack where your bike can rest without any stress.
- 26 x 3.5 x 14 inches.
- Available in black color.
- Twenty-two pounds weight makes it easy to handle.
- The rack can also tilt back for easy lifting.
- Can lift to 4 bikes.
- Excessive mounting can decrease car speed.
- Excellent product but poor customer service
Allen sports is not an alien in the bike rack industry as they have served various clients in the industry. We are not sure about their customer service, but we hope that their developers solve the issue quickly.
#4. FIERY RED 2-Bike Tire Rack
If you are looking for a bike rack for your off-road monster, then tire racks from FireRed have got some real toughness.
- Reliable Construction: The bike rack is made from premium quality iron; hence it is a perfect option for heavy-duty applications.
- Security: The bike rack comes with an anti-theft lock which makes it completely safe.
- Dual Use: The bike rack also offers room for two bikes with ease.
- Anti-theft features.
- Premium construction.
- Universal fit.
- Not a great choice for people who don’t own an off-road car.
- Only 2-bike support.
All in all, if you love mountain biking and off-road driving, then FIERY RED bike racks and your off-road vehicle complement each other.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Bike Rack for Carbon Fiber Bike
- Type Of Bike Rack: Before buying the right carrier for your vehicle, you must understand the type of bike rack you need. There are different types of bike racks like roof mount, truck mount, and hitch mount. Find the one which matches your needs.
- Number of Bikes: You have to shop for the bike rack, which provides equivalent support to your house’s number of bikes.
- Budget: Keep a budget in mind as it will help you in shopping according to your needs.
- Security: If you invest in a bike rack that tells you to compromise with the safety of your bike.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Bike Racks Damage Your Car?
No, bike racks don’t damage your car. The only way they can hurt your car is poor installation By the right bike rack for your car to ensure that it doesn’t affect the frame.
How Can I Repair My Carbon-Frame Bike if It Repairs?
You cannot repair your carbon-frame bike at home as it doesn’t have any metal parts. You will have to take it to your nearest mechanic, who can give a cosmetic touch to the vehicle. In adverse conditions, you will also have to replace the entire frame.
Are There Other Types of Bike Frames That Are Light as Carbon Fiber?
Aluminum is one of the lightest materials, and it is considered a perfect option for frame materials. One of the best advantages of using an Aluminium frame is it doesn’t attract rust. Most bike manufacturers use aluminum for tubing.
There is no doubt that your carbon-fiber bike is close to your heart. Therefore, you have to select every product with the right care which it deserves. You can share this article with all your friends if they are fond of mountain bikes. You can also mention your favorite brand in the comments.