The battery plays a vital role in the Razor scooter. You can say it is the fuel tank of your scooter which is used to power various components.
I have been driving a Razor scooter for the last few months. It is a good scooter, I get great balance, and the build quality is amazing. I can have a bit of exercise and fun at the same time.
But I am not satisfied with the battery. The battery of my scooter drains all its charge within a short distance. It’s frustrating when you are out to have fun with your friends, and all of a sudden, the battery will die on you.
So, I searched for a good replacement battery that could keep charging longer and took less time to charge up. In this article, I will share some of the best batteries for a Razor scooter.
My top pick for the best batteries for a Razor scooter is the VICI brand. However, I have also listed some other alternatives.
Top Batteries For A Razor Scooter
#1. Universal Power Group Razor E175 Battery
The Universal Power battery for a Razor scooter weighs around 5 pounds. You will find two batteries in the pack, and you can recharge the battery in any position. The battery resists shocks and vibration. You will also get a one-year warranty after purchasing this battery.
- It is a spill-proof battery.
- Ideal for E-175 Razor scooter
- Two batteries in the pack, and each requires 12 volts.
- The SLA battery lasts for a longer time.
- You can fit this battery in other Razor scooters.
- Some people complain regarding the difficulty installing this battery.
#2. VICI High-Performance Battery Pack
The VICI high-performance battery pack weighs around 5 pounds. You will find two 12 volts 9 ampere-hour batteries in the package and hold the charge for a longer time. So, your children can have more fun while riding.
- The VICI high-performance battery pack is a spill-proof battery. You don’t need to add water to it.
- Ideal for E-200 and E-300 Razor scooter
- The battery has thicker grids inside to store more energy.
- 28percent more running time.
- Platinum high performance
- The battery system is costly.
#3. PowerStar-2 Pack Razor Battery
The Power star SLA battery for Razor is compatible with E-200,E-200S,E-225,E-300,E 300S,and E-325.The battery has long cycle life. It does not drain its charge over a short time. You can also use this battery in E-bikes, scooters, and UPS systems. You will find two batteries in this package, each having 12 volts with a 9ah capacity. It is one of the best batteries for a Razor scooter.
- Power star is a lead-acid battery and seals completely. So, there are very few chances of electrolyte leakage from the battery.
- Power star batteries have an absorption glass mat system(AGM) which means these batteries have a glass fiber that absorbs most electrolytes to provide the most extended life and continuous service.
- Power star batteries don’t need any maintenance service. You don’t need to check the specific gravity of the electrolyte or add water to your battery.
- You can operate the power star battery in any position. The absorbent mat separator in the battery prevents the electrolyte from leaking from the battery. So, whenever you run the battery in any position you like, there is no chance of leakage.
- Power star batteries are reliable and can withstand overcharge, over-discharge, vibration, and shock.
- They have a long service life.
- The power star battery has a low-pressure venting system.
- Long battery life. You can expect the battery to run for at least ten years.
- Advanced AGM technology in the battery
- Wide variety of applications
- They never break
- Mount in any position
- Installation of the battery is a bit difficult for some people.
#4. Charity Battery Razor E-150 12 volt 5Ah
The charity battery is a sealed lead-acid battery. Each battery has a capacity of 12 volts and 5ah. These batteries are durable and maintain a charge while riding. When you purchase a charity battery, it will have one year warranty and lifetime technical support from AAA security Depot.
- The F1 terminals consist of lead calcium alloy and glass mat technology.
- They do not require any maintenance.
- The charity battery gives immediate service. Once you get the battery, you can immediately use it in your Razor scooter or any other application.
- The charity battery manufactures under Japanese standards.
- No spills and no water leakage
- Low self-discharge rate.
- Long-lasting battery
- Good quality
- Some people may face wiring problems during the installation of the battery.
#5. VICI Razor Dirt Quad Replacement Battery
The 24 volts 8 ah Razor dirt quad battery-package replaces the 7ah batteries. This battery will provide longer running life as compared to a 7ah battery. It is a non-OEM battery package. This updated battery package is quite similar in physical shape and wiring harness compared to the OEM Razor package.
- The Razor battery package includes a square wire harness and four-prong connector.
- The 8ah battery will provide a 14percent longer running life as compared to 7 ah batteries.
- 30amp inline fuse and fuse holder includes in this package
- Long-running life.
- The battery is quite costly.
- There may be a problem in installation as it involves hard wiring.
#6. VICI Razor E200 Battery
The Razor scooter battery is well compatible with e-200,e- 225 , e-200S(version 8-12), e-300 and e300S(version 5-10 /12 only) Razor scooters. There is two battery in the package each having 12 volts, 8ah capacity. When you purchase, you will have one year warranty period. These batteries have a good service life. They can hold the charge for a longer time.
- No need of soldering the battery
- Slide on terminals.
- Quite simple to install
- You can use this battery in various Razor scooters.
- Good service
- Long-life period
- The battery is quite expensive.
#7. VICI Brand High-Performance pocket Mod Battery
The VICI brand high-performance battery is another best battery for a Razor scooter. The pack comes with two sets of batteries, and each requires a 12-volt 7-ampere hour. The battery weighs around 10 pounds. This battery holds the charge for a long time. So, you can enjoy your riding. You will also get one year warranty after purchasing this product.
- Two sets of batteries with slides on terminals.
- Lead-acid battery
- They Come in fully charged condition. So, you can immediately use these batteries.
- Great for 6 -to-7 battery Razor scooter
- You can use this battery in other Razor scooters
- Simple installation
- The battery has a long life.
- The battery package is costly.
Frequently Answered Questions(FAQ)
#1. How Long Does a Razor Scooter Battery Last?
A good scooter battery lasts for around 70 minutes which happens only when your battery charges completely. But, if you have not changed, the battery will drain all its charge within a short time.
You should also remember that recharging the battery of a Razor scooter usually takes around 12 hours. After 12 hours, you need to take out the charger because overcharging and overheating the battery decreases the life span.
#2. How Much Does a Razor Scooter Battery Cost?
A Razor scooter battery may cost at least $29.99. Well, the price may go higher if you look for a branded and good battery.
The battery is the heart of your Razor scooter. It’s tough to find the best batteries for a Razor scooter. However, I have listed some of the batteries in this article, hoping that you like them.