My fascination with unicycles began when, as a child, I saw them being ridden at the circus. Since then, I have had a fascination with them. However, I recently became serious about buying a unicycle for myself after coming across some electric unicycles with a seat attached.
I immediately knew I wanted one, so I began researching to determine the best electric unicycles with a seat. I looked at 11 different electric unicycles and created a list of my top 3.
So if you have ever wanted to impress your friends by mastering a unicycle, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll take a look at the best 3 electric unicycles with a seat and describe what makes them so unique.
#1 Myself Electric Unicycle
- Material: This unicycle is made of aviation-grade aluminum alloy, which is very lightweight. It is lighter than the standard aluminum alloy. This makes it easy for the rider to transport the unicycle. It has high corrosion resistance, and it also boasts a high weight capacity of 330 lb, which is sufficient for adults. This makes the unicycle more energy efficient. The seat is made of polyurethane leather. It is very comfortable and absorbs shock on bumpy roads.
- Motor: The unicycle has a powerful 1500 W motor, which gives you excellent energy efficiency and a balanced ride. It helps you ride in hilly terrain easily. However, the speed of the unicycle is lower than other electric unicycle models. It has a maximum speed of 15 mph. Lean forward to increase the speed and backward to slow the unicycle. Lean left to turn the vehicle left and lean right to turn the unicycle right.
- Battery: The unicycle has a 60 V lithium-ion battery. The lithium battery is lightweight and does not add extra weight to the unicycle. Lithium batteries do not take much to charge fully. The battery of this unicycle takes 2 – 3 hours to charge fully. Lithium-ion batteries run for a longer period than other batteries. The unicycle can travel from 17 – 68 miles. Also, lithium-ion batteries have a low self-discharge rate, making them more efficient as they do not require frequent recharging.
- Design: The unicycle has an anti-theft lock design that keeps it secure when parked. It also has a display that shows power information, battery remaining, speed, and more. It has both headlights and taillights, enhancing visibility at night, making it suitable for night drives. It also has a horn button to enhance the safety of the rider. It is just 38 inches long and 24 inches wide. It can easily fit into a car’s trunk or anywhere else. It weighs around 77 lb.
- Wheel: The unicycle has 18-inch tires that provide a stable ride. It has larger sidewalls and acts as a cushion over the bumps. It also helps you maintain a decent speed on hilly terrain. The unicycle also has a sponge base with four shock absorber springs between the seat and the wheel. It will absorb shocks on uneven ground.
#2 Apex Star-I SP800 Speeder Electric Unicycle
- Motor: This unicycle has a powerful 800 W motor. It helps you ride in hilly terrain easily, which is not possible with a 500 W motor. Also, it reaches a maximum speed of 21 mph very quickly.
- Battery: It has a 60 V lithium-ion battery. Lithium-ion batteries take less time to charge fully. The battery of this unicycle takes 4 hours to charge fully. The lithium-ion battery is lightweight and does not add extra weight to the unicycle. Lithium-ion batteries run for a longer period than other batteries. You can ride for 34 miles on a single charge.
- Wheel: The unicycle has 14-inch tires that provide a comfortable ride. It also helps you climb on hilly terrain and will absorb shocks on uneven ground.
#3 Myself Smart Self-Balancing Electric Unicycle
- Material: The unicycle is made of aviation-grade aluminum alloy, which is very lightweight. This makes it simple to lift the unicycle. It is corrosion-resistant and has a weight capacity of 330 lb. The seat is made of polyurethane leather. It is very comfortable and absorbs shock on uneven roads.
- Motor: The unicycle has a powerful 500 W motor, which is somewhat low when it comes to electric unicycles. The motor allows you to maintain a maximum speed of 12 mph.
- Battery: The unicycle has a 60 V lithium-ion battery. Lithium-ion batteries do not take much time to charge fully. The battery of this unicycle takes 2-3 hours to get fully charged. Lithium batteries run for a longer period than other batteries. The single lithium-ion battery can allow you to travel for 18.6 miles, the AA battery allows you to travel for 37 miles, and the AAA battery allows you to travel for 56 miles.
Check the motor before you select an electric unicycle. High wattage motors give good speed and add to the mileage. Also, a higher wattage motor makes it easy to climb hilly roads. 1500 W will give a higher maximum speed than a 500 W motor. It will also make the ride more smooth and stable.
The battery is the most critical feature of the unicycle. Small-sized batteries will discharge fast and will only allow you to travel very short distances. Usually, an electric unicycle has a 60 V battery which gives good mileage and low self-discharge. The battery should also charge quickly to save you time. In this category, a lithium-ion battery is the most suitable option.
There are many sizes available like 14 inches, 16 inches, 18 inches, etc. 18-inch wheels are suitable for rugged terrain, but they make the unicycle heavy, whereas 14-inch wheels are not heavy and are ideal for straight roads.
Weight of Unicycle
The weight of the unicycle varies from 22 – 60 lb. The unicycle has to be lightweight because lighter unicycles are easier to accelerate and decelerate. Also, when you are not riding, you have to pick it up and walk. Weight determines how easily you can maneuver the unicycle.
Unicycles should be made of lighter material that is easy to run and move. It should be portable and can lightweight. It would also benefit you for the unicycle to have LED lights for better night travel. It can also have an indicator for battery charge or power consumption to alert the rider.
These three unicycles are the best in the market, but the Myself electric unicycle is my personal favorite. It is one of the best available, and it gives excellent performance.
It has a high voltage battery that lasts for a long time and provides excellent top speed. I have mentioned the features and also given a few alternatives. If you buy one of these electric unicycles, please share the review here.